Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Last Beach Day, Waskesiu

Last Beach Day, Waskesiu
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2014

I took my twelve year old son and his buddy up to Waskesiu for Saturday and Sunday this past weekend. They had a great time and came and went as they pleased, well, at least with a bit of prodding from me. If they were left up to their own devices they probably would have stayed up in the dark loft with only a camp lantern on while they played their Nintendo DS's. In the end they got out and about and did quite a lot. Sunday was really windy, but sunny so we went to the beach and they tossed a ball around in the waves. I took lots of photos of the puffy clouds and did this painting when we got back to the cabin. All-in-all I got three paintings done over the weekend while the boys occupied themselves. I even brought up my new fire pot which crackled and snapped as I worked. Enjoyable.



2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Love this.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

Thank you dear friend,
Nicki XO