Thursday, February 27, 2014

Above The Dugout

Above The Dugout
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2014
sold
Daily Paintworks Gallery

Although my recent paintings have been very Saskatchewan inspired, they have been very northern Saskatchewan inspired, so to switch things up I decided to do a little wide-open prairie scene. For this I used a resource photo of a dugout that I took last year as we drove to the lake. I love the cloud building in the distance and how it looks as it catches the light of the late afternoon setting sun.

2 comments:

Tammy Hext said...

Hi Nicki,
I love the greens you used in this one. I am struggling to mix greens that sing and these do.
Tam

Nicki said...

Hi Tammy, thank you! Greens can be tricky. I did a wash of cobalt violet on the whole board before I started and I like how some of that peaks through the greens.

Hope all is well with you and good luck with your show in Ayr!

Nicki