Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Red Sumacs, Georgian Bay

Red Sumacs, Georgian Bay
30 x 30"
acrylic on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2013

As I painted in the new temporary studio this afternoon I was reminded of my painting trip to Georgian Bay... it was chilly and I felt like making a campfire! Three of us are upstairs and for some reason  in this situation the heat does not seem to be rising! It is much warmer on the main level where three other artists are set up. If the winter temperatures drop even more (which they will) I must break out my long-johns and Hot Shots! With all of its quirks, I am so grateful that this space came available through a generous "patron" who heard about us losing our St. George Studio. Hopefully the few months that we have it (before it is knocked down in the spring) will buy us enough time to find a permanent home. With renos happening at my house I realize now that there is no way I could have stored my entire studio here.

No comments: