Saturday, February 2, 2013

The Golden Hour

The Golden Hour
8 x 8"
 oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2013
available exclusively at Lifestyles by Darrell Bell Gallery
sold

I am crazy for any light that pours through the forest and creates a magical, vibrant glow. I have been particularly intrigued by late afternoon/early evening light that filters through the forest, bending around trunks and branches. But the conditions have to be just right to catch a show of really beautiful colour. On this particular evening in Waskesiu when I realized how golden the setting sunlight was, I dropped everything, grabbed my camera, tossed an "I'll be right back!" over my shoulder to my family and raced to a favorite place in the forest near the Nature Centre by the lake. The warm, beautiful light of the setting sun was streaming towards me, illuminating the moss and twinkling through the branches.

It truly was a golden hour.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

How lovely. I am so impressed with you. I hope you are glad that it's February. Rejoice. Your work is something to rejoice about.

XO Barbara

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah girl you captured this perfectly. I love the golden hour here in New Mexico too.
peace n abundance,
CheyAnne