Monday, July 2, 2012

Surround Me

Surround Me
10 x 10"
acrylic and oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2012
sold

This is the last of the three abstracted dogwood branches; in the next post I will show all three together. In this one I liked how the branches seemed to envelop the slightly more open area around the mid-lower half, so that is where the title came from. This name, however, also worked with the theme (in my mind) of all three paintings as a set.

If I was thinking I would have posted this yesterday! The red and white would have worked well to say "Happy Canada Day!!!"... so but the sentiment is still there, just belated! Cheers!

3 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

What could say Canada better than show scenes and the red and white. Lovely. I hope you had a great day.

We did.

XO Barbara

Nicki said...

We had fun Barbara. we took the boys out to the celebrations and they had a blast. We love Canada! It was stormy later in the day so we didn't go to the fireworks.

Glad you liked these abstract branches.

XO Nicki

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Nicki,

That should have red snow scenes.

So glad you had a good day.

Great paintings.

XO Barbara