Saturday, November 19, 2011

Feelin' Sketchy Saturday

15 minute pencil sketch

10 minute pencil sketch

quick charcoal gestures

10 minute contour drawing

I was unexpectedly able to attend the live model drawing session this morning. I thought I would have to miss it so when I realized I could go I felt quite excited. The model today was one that we had a couple of weeks ago. She is marvelous. She was even talking about how she was studying a book of poses last night so she could try some new things. I'm feeling really good about how it is going; I am still struggling with proportion (perhaps you can tell), but the practice is helping.

I am in a love/hate relationship right now... I have a painting that is really busting my chops! I received some good feedback from another artist today so if I can implement her suggestions I hope I will be feeling more love and not so much hate! Pictures soon... of it and the final (?) version of Memories of Spruce River.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

I love your drawings and am in awe of you doing this on Saturday morning.
Really lovely.

XO Barbara

Nicki said...

Hi Barbara,

It's a treat to go... and the secret is there is a Starbucks nearby! Coffee with whipped cream is a very big incentive for me!

Hugs,
Nicki