Thursday, August 18, 2011

Rolling Clouds and Exciting News!

Rolling Clouds
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2011  

sold

On this day, as I painted near the main beach in Waskesiu, the clouds kept changing and moving, yet overall stayed the same. They formed rows in the sky. Quite interesting to look at. I spent quite a bit of time on the land/horizon and wish the photo showed the variations more. I especially love the birch trees on the far right and would love to experiment more with a closer view of that part of the landmass.

Now for the exciting news... a few months back fellow blogger Judy Adamson approached me about doing a guest post for her blog, "Judy Adamson's Art And Design Blog". She suggested I write about my interest in painting en plein air and that is what I ended up doing. If you click on the link to her blog you will see my post! Thanks Judy for your friendship and interest in my art and my blog. And if you are new to my blog, I'd love it if you would follow my progress, here or on my Facebook Fan Page.

Have a great day everyone!    

2 comments:

maddyrose said...

I just came from Judy's site where I saw your work and am very impressed with your skill. I've just recently started painting again and it's a challange since I haven't really painted in nearly 20years. Love the "Rolling Clouds" and the paintings that were displayed on Judy's site.

Nicki said...

Hi Maddyrose,

I'm glad you took the time to stop by and leave a comment. I am so glad you like my paintings and I appreciate that you became my 100th Follower!

I know what it is like to come back to painting after time away. It is definitely a challenge, but be patient with yourself and enjoy the learning curve. I feel like my journey is just getting started. I am constantly coming across things I don't know.

Nicki