Saturday, April 9, 2011

Go Gently

Go Gently
48 x 30"
acrylic on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2011 
sold

I'm done this large, not-so-official "commission". I'm quite happy with how it turned out and, in person, I think it has an impact that the small photo here can't quite translate. The woman I painted it for (unofficially) really loves the forest; it makes her feel calm and centered. She talks of wanting to tiptoe on the moss and find a place to lay down for a nap. I hope she likes the end result of this painting, she saw it in an an early stage, but if not maybe it will be discovered by another forest lover someday.

My little boy turned seven yesterday- it is so hard to believe- it isn't quite right to call him "little" any more. He had a great day and it just so happened that there was a teacher conference, so school was out. We had party with six of his little buddies and may I just say that they completely exhausted me!!! Wow. And then this evening I had a baby shower for a friend, so tomorrow I just might stay in my PJ's all day and rest! There was a slight method to my madness of doing these parties back to back... I only had to clean and tidy the house once!!!

10 comments:

Pierre Raby said...

Nicki, you're the best to express joy in whatever you create! This forest scene vibrates in some unexpected ways.

Pam Holnback said...

Great composition. Our little boy will soon turn 27! It is so hard to believe that!

Janie B said...

Love this peaceful scene. It looks so cool and refreshing. Wonderful! Congrats to your son on his big day, too.

-Don said...

It's beautiful, Nicki, and I'm sure that in person it would take my breath away. Great job!

My 'little' boys are as tall and taller than me now. It happens too quickly. Give those little guys an extra hug today and think of me having to reach up to hug my oldest. I think I'll follow you lead and stay in my pajamas all day today... Happy Sunday!

-Don

Anonymous said...

you should be happy with this, it is appropriately titled also... beautifully executed:)

Barbara Muir said...

Wow! Isn't this amazing. Seven is still a little boy, although it seems really grown up compared to two. So nice that he had a party with his friends. The painting is beautiful.
Happy birthday to your son.

XOBarbara

cohen labelle said...

Hi Nicki
This is the enchanted forest isn't it!? But I know it's also a real place - very beautiful and captivating!

Nicki said...

Thank you everyone for your wonderful response to this painting! I'm quite pleased with it and of course respect all of your comments a great deal.

Nicki

suzanneberry said...

enchanted forest! lovely job nicki! happy birthday to the little one!

Nicki said...

Thanks, Suzanne. My oldest has his birthday at the end of the month, so April has me feeling a bit melancholy... and old!

N.