Thursday, April 4, 2019

Ten New 8x8's Delivered to DBG!

new 8x8 inch oil paintings
$200.00 each
available at Darrell Bell Gallery

Frigid Sunrise
8x8"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2019
sold at Darrell Bell Gallery

I just delivered a new batch of work to Darrell Bell Gallery and I am pumped! I tried some new things, got bold with colour and now have more ideas for larger paintings!

"Frigid Sunrise" is a view from River Landing down from the Farmer's Market looking toward the Sid Buckwold Bridge. The sunlight is bending around buildings located on Victoria Avenue: one is Victoria Place and the other is The Pinnacle. It was a difficult effect to get.

I also gave the Northern Lights a try in one of the paintings! I will post individual photos over the coming days.

Hope you like this new batch.

1 comment:

Bernie said...

Your pallet and brush just speak to me!! I love the northern lights on -- it's perfect. I also think you nailed that cold morning look over the bridge. Well done!!