Saturday, October 21, 2017

Power Post of New 8x8"s at Darrell Bell Gallery

© Nicki Ault, 2017

I keep giggling because I can't get these paintings up on the blog fast enough. I honestly have about twenty-five blog post "drafts" in a queue; posts that show you the work I have been delivering to Darrell Bell Gallery and Assiniboia Gallery over the last month. In the past, I have committed one painting to each blog post and it was done in an orderly fashion. These days, however, I am finding it hard to find time to actually do the blog because all things kid-related are amping up as fall activities get underway. Also, I returned to my (very) part-time job after having the summer off and on the other days I get to the studio every single moment I can so I can paint. Oh, and once in awhile I get a load of groceries and handle other domestic chores! Writing on the blog keeps getting pushed down the to-do list.

Anyway, because normally it would take nine days to get nine new paintings on the blog and I don't have that kind of time, I am temporarily condensing the format to bring them all to you in a grid-type teaser! I do this because tomorrow is the opening reception of the new modern art show at Darrell Bell Gallery and Darrell has graciously reinstalled my grid of paintings in the back part of the street level gallery and actually made it even bigger than ever! I also got word late yesterday that four paintings sold and they need more to replenish the voids so the grid is full for the opening! Yikes and hooray!

So today, between soccer games and basketball games, I will be painting... muchos!

No comments: