New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

Sunday, November 19, 2017: Studio on 20th Open Studio Art Show and Sale. The studio where I paint will be open to the public from 11 am - 5 pm on this one afternoon only. Current work by our eleven artists will be exhibited and available to purchase. Please come and bring a friend! We are located at 236A 20th Street West (door to the left of the Odd Couple restaurant); not wheelchair accessible.

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Friday, June 30, 2017

Fall Settling In

Fall Settling In
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2017
sold

I really am not thinking too much about the fall, sorry to bring it up! There is still way too much summer to enjoy. I did, however, finally spend some significant time at the studio yesterday. I was sick last week and then I had a headache that persisted all day and night for a good six or seven days. Obviously this made it hard to get any meaningful work done. I finally woke up yesterday morning from an uninterrupted sleep - I didn't have to get up in the middle of the night to take more Advil! Feeling like I had a new lease on life, I headed to the studio and worked and worked. It felt great!

I spent time struggling with the smaller of the two commissions I have on the go, but I took a photo and once I analyzed it on the screen I knew where to make the necessary changes. It may need a few tweaks today, but otherwise I think it is done!

To decompress from that battle, I painted a new little 6x6 (above) which was actually supposed to have a spring feel to it, but my palette decided to jump a couple of seasons ahead of me and land in the fall.

Now to get more work done on the really big commish! I am behind schedule from where I had hoped to be. June got the best of me yet again.

No comments: