Sunday, May 14 - Mother's Day Tea Show and Sale: taking place at Studio On 20th from 12-4p.m. Our studio will be open to the public on this afternoon to exhibit the most current work by artists Bridget Aitken, Nicki Ault, Kathy Bradshaw, Jan Corcoran, Ann Donald, Jane Harington, Miranda Jones, Brenda Kennedy, Karen Maguire, Amira Wasfy and Carol Wylie. We are located at 236A 20th Street Between Aves. B and C (door to the left of the Odd Couple restaurant).

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery in Saskatoon. For a limited time several of my large oil paintings are also available at
their new street front gallery on 21st Street (formally Lifestyles By Darrell Bell Gallery).

Ongoing: a selection of my larger work is available at The Black Spruce Gallery at Northside on Highway 2 just before the turn to Christopher Lake.

Sunday, April 9, 2017

Living Sky

Living Sky
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2017
available

I spent a good portion of the day at the studio on Friday. I got this painting done but I left feeling like I should have accomplished more. Really, when I think back on the day, I realize I just did a lot of eating. Anyone else ever have days like that? (Please say yes).

4 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Well this painting is amazing. I had that kind of day Friday, but it was just that I couldn't get my head around something I was planning to paint, and it was a very social day, which is great. So Yes. But then there are the days when you get a million things done. There is a sort of random rhythm I find.

Gorgeous painting. Hey give yourself a break. I would be proud if I were you.

XOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Sandra Busby said...

Absolutely! I get those a lot! But I could never finish a painting in one day so I'd say that alone would be an achievement :0) It's gorgeous too... Reminds me of a remote place in Scotland I once visited.

Nicki said...

Barbara, yes- some days are very social, especially if my studio mate is there too. On this day in particular I was by myself... and eating! :) XO

Nicki said...

Hi Sandra, yes- your process is different than mine. These little alla prima studies I do can be done in a couple of hours usually.

I loved Scotland when I was there years and years ago!