New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

July - October, 2017: A small selection of my work,
courtesy of Darrell Bell Gallery, is available at Boffins restaurant (111 Research Drive, U of S campus).

Sunday, November 19, 2017: Studio on 20th Open Studio Art Show and Sale. The studio where I paint will be open to the public from 11 am - 5 pm on this one afternoon only. Current work by our eleven artists will be exhibited and available to purchase. Please come and bring a friend! We are located at 236A 20th Street West (door to the left of the Odd Couple restaurant); not wheelchair accessible.

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Friday, April 28, 2017

Lake Land

Lake Land
30 x 40"
oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2017
sold

I actually began this painting before our Open Studio last November, but didn't get it finished in time and wasn't thrilled with how it was going anyway. I never went back to it because I had painted myself into a corner of problems that I just couldn't decide how to fix. And there it has been, propped against the wall in an unfinished state, ever since. 

Fast-forward to March and a studio visit from an old friend who commented on it, so we hung it up and brain-stormed. Suddenly our conversation and his feedback got me excited about it again. I decided to finish it and, happily, I love the end result. I sent him an image and I think he may buy it when he is in town this weekend!


2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

I feel like I'm so far behind -- sorry -- painting for my show and marking and just not able to keep up. This is amazing. So is all your work.

XOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

I am way behind by years! You do a great job I think. I seem to never get to other blogs- I must go see what you have been up to...

XO
N