New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

November 15 - December 31, 2017: Holiday Salon - Small Works Show at Darrell Bell Gallery (street level ), running through the holidays, Darrell and his team have installed a grid of twenty of my 8x8's as well as a small wall of larger pieces at the front of the gallery. Lots of great gift ideas to be found by the many gallery artists on display.

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Monday, October 3, 2016

Another Sound Bite!

Bridget's Lane
photo © Nicki Ault, 2016

Why am I still up at 11:30 at night sipping wine, eating left-over pizza and listening to iTunes? Because I feel better, that's why!

I just spent the last week flat out in bed with a brutal cold/flu/sinus thing. The week I thought was going to be spent at the studio after a long summer hiatus did not materialize. I did not get much farther than my dark bedroom and a cold cloth on my eyes for about five straight days. NyQuil and I are now on a first name basis.

But that was then, this is now. 

Today, finally feeling more human, I decided to jump-start my week, so I drove out to the country, destination: Bridget's acreage. On the way I saw hundreds of cranes in the fields along Valley Road.

photo © Nicki Ault, 2016

It was a gray morning, but the warm fall colours popped against that backdrop. The twenty-five minute drive was stretched a bit with all my photo stops, but when I got there Bridget and her menagerie welcomed me with open arms. I spent the next few hours enjoying the scenery and her company.

When I decided to venture out Bridget stayed back at the homestead while I wandered and took photos. She had warm tea and conversation waiting for me when I returned. Please enjoy a small collection of the pictures I took on my solitary hike which invigorated all my senses; the smell of sage and wild juniper was the perfect medicine as were her trusty companions, George and Pepper, who joined me for part of my walk.

the homestead
photo © Nicki Ault, 2016

a spot of vibrant colour
photo © Nicki Ault, 2016

from the height of land
photo © Nicki Ault. 2016

fall colour
photo © Nicki Ault, 2016

George and Pepper
photo © Nicki Ault, 2016

the lookout
photo © Nicki Ault, 2016

And lastly, as we chatted and drank tea with horses as the backdrop...

 backyard horses
photo © Nicki Ault, 2016

Today life was good.

And tomorrow I will paint.

Sweet dreams!

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Love this NIcki,

I feel like I was on the walk with you. Beautiful. Glad you are feeling better. The cold/flu
business is a terrible combo.

XOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

Barbara, I wish you were on the walk with me!

I had a miserable few days, but that is over and now I just want to paint!

Looking forward to seeing what you create this winter!

XO Nicki