New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

November 15 - December 31, 2017: Holiday Salon - Small Works Show at Darrell Bell Gallery (street level ), running through the holidays, Darrell and his team have installed a grid of twenty of my 8x8's as well as a small wall of larger pieces at the front of the gallery. Lots of great gift ideas to be found by the many gallery artists on display.

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Friday, June 10, 2016

September Up Front

September Up Front
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2016
sold

It is a bit rocky as I try to navigate my way back into work mode at the studio. I sat there for an hour and a half yesterday looking through photos, listening to music and daydreaming. Finally I decided to paint this scene from my studio mate Bridget's acreage. I love the earthy gray-greens next to the vibrant oranges of the foliage. 

I have had another frustrating set-back... my van seized up on me. It could have been worse, as my twelve year old pointed out, but it is annoying none-the-less. At any rate, I will embrace the fact that there was no accident or injury and I am sure it will be fixable.


I hope your last few weeks have gone better than mine!

No comments: