Tuesday, November 10, 2015

GM Cloud Study

GM Cloud Study
11 x 14"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2015

Finally I am showing you the piece I created at the Atelier 2302 "Landscape Painting With Gord MacDonald" workshop in October. I worked on it at the studio one time after that weekend and probably could work on it a bit more, but I am not sure I will. I learned a lot that weekend and had things reaffirmed, including that I have much more to learn. Over the weekend the class watched Gord demonstrate his thought processes and techniques on two original paintings, one of which was a nocturne that he impressively invented on the spot. It was inspirational and motivating. As I mentioned in a previous post, he actually got me painting with a palette knife, with my finger, and with a fan brush- all to get different softening effects (fan brush) or to quickly get the paint on the board (palette knife). 

I have already taken what I learned that weekend and tweaked an existing painting that I created earlier this year. I believe what I changed is an improvement, but perhaps in another blog post you can be the judge of that.

No comments: