Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Dance of the Wolf Willow

Dance of the Wolf Willow
48 x 48"
oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2015
sold

This painting is BIG! It is the largest painting I have done to date. It is about the beautiful wolf willow and wild prairie landscape that I discovered out at my friend and studio mate's new acreage. I exaggerated the wolf willow, but perhaps not quite as much as this photo makes it appear; in reality, although the leaves are very light, they are not white, but contain many colours. I hope I captured a fluttering, dancing feeling of the wolf willow moving back into the landscape. It was a challenge. It took time. In the end I hope it is a statement piece that finds its way to an empty wall in an office or home and I hope it makes someone very happy. 

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Gorgeous!

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

Thank you Barbara. I am happy with how it turned out- it was a bit of a struggle part-way through.

XO N.