Friday, October 2, 2015

Last Light By Ski Beach, Waskesiu

Last Light By Ski Beach, Waskesiu
20 x 20"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2015
sold

In my last post I told you about the commission I just finished and how I actually painted two paintings in order to give the client a choice. This is the second painting... a sunset by Ski Beach in Waskesiu that was both intense and calm at the same time. A very different feel from the painting he chose, but it still included all the elements he asked for: a sunset, the lake, light and Spruce. I'm so happy that he ended up with a painting that he loves. Someday this painting will find its way to a home where it will hopefully offer a reminder of wonderful lake memories to its owner.

2 comments:

suzanneberry said...

This is co incredibly lovely! the warm glow of the sunset against the cool blue of the water and the beautiful way you painting the trees is just perfect! Bravo!

Nicki said...

I'm so glad you like this one Suzanne! I appreciate you stopping by.