Sunday, July 19, 2015

Over The Canola

Over The Canola
8 x 8"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2015
available exclusively at Lifestyles By Darrell Bell Gallery
sold


I drove to the lake with my kids yesterday (my husband hasn't started his holidays yet) - what a spectacular show of clouds and canola! I painted this one for Lifestyles last week from an old photograph I took a few years ago and now I am really excited to paint from the handful of new images I took haphazardly through the windshield. The fields were glowing lemon yellow in some places and right before Rosthern I even saw a field of flax! Beautiful. Somewhere along the way was a gorgeous patch of canola with some sort of cluster of fuchsia wild flowers growing beside. It came and went so fast there was no time for a drive-by photo, but I may be able to recreate the impression if I get my paints out ASAP. But first things first, the kids want to go fishing and try out the new hooks Grampa bought them!

Before I forget, here is a picture of the display at Lifestyles with the new paintings I just dropped off...


No comments: