New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

July - October, 2017: A small selection of my work,
courtesy of Darrell Bell Gallery, is available at Boffins restaurant (111 Research Drive, U of S campus).

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Over The Canola

Over The Canola
8 x 8"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2015
available exclusively at Lifestyles By Darrell Bell Gallery
sold


I drove to the lake with my kids yesterday (my husband hasn't started his holidays yet) - what a spectacular show of clouds and canola! I painted this one for Lifestyles last week from an old photograph I took a few years ago and now I am really excited to paint from the handful of new images I took haphazardly through the windshield. The fields were glowing lemon yellow in some places and right before Rosthern I even saw a field of flax! Beautiful. Somewhere along the way was a gorgeous patch of canola with some sort of cluster of fuchsia wild flowers growing beside. It came and went so fast there was no time for a drive-by photo, but I may be able to recreate the impression if I get my paints out ASAP. But first things first, the kids want to go fishing and try out the new hooks Grampa bought them!

Before I forget, here is a picture of the display at Lifestyles with the new paintings I just dropped off...


No comments: