Monday, July 27, 2015

Blue Corner

Blue Corner
6 x 6"
oil on board

On the drive up to the lake the canola fields were glowing. It was quite the site- it made me wish I was the passenger so I could be taking pictures along the way. This painting was a playful experiment - the clouds were fun.

On another note, the other day I learned about an unfortunate and creepy website (wallpart.com) that is stealing artwork from the internet, then making and selling posters of the art which they have not received permission to use. Some of my work came up on the site as well as the work of many other artists I know. NOT COOL. The thing is, it actually seems like anyone who has ever put an image on the internet could be affected if that image can be found in a search. They are selling posters of personal images, too. Like I said, creepy. Big time. I have signed a petition to hopefully have the website removed. Seems like a long-shot, but I really have no other idea how to express my feelings on this. If you feel so inclined, here is a link to the petition and here is an article about this website. Thanks!

UPDATE: Please read this article for further information in regards to what the wallpart site is really about. Avoid that site altogether.

No comments: