New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

July - October, 2017: A small selection of my work,
courtesy of Darrell Bell Gallery, is available at Boffins restaurant (111 Research Drive, U of S campus).

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

As Night Falls

As Night Falls
6 x 6"
oil on board

A painting of a beautiful, transitional time of day. I love dusk- especially at the lake when it is calm, and quiet, but the sky is dynamic.

On Saturday, September 20 I will be at Solar Gardens with a selection of my small work and a few larger pieces to round things out. It has the potential to be a very busy show and sale. If you are planning to attend bring cash or a checkbook- there will be some really great vendors.

And here is a sampling of the 6x6" paintings I will have with me:

Cloud Glow

Meewasin Study #3

Tilt

Waskesiu River In August

The Islands, Sulphide Lake

It's always great to see familiar faces at these things so if you are looking for a way to spend a lovely fall day, come out and say "hi". It is only a short fifteen minute drive from the city. Here is a link with a map and directions (scroll down a bit to find it). I think a variety of pizza is on the menu for the day... if nothing else that should be worth the drive!

4 comments:

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

Oh Nicki - those are all so beautiful! I notice more detail in your larger ones, and more freedom in you littles... but I love them both.

Barbara Muir said...

Wish I could have been there and I'm sure everything sold. You so rock.

Love these pieces.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

Thanks Monika, I think what you say is true. And I find there is a difference between how I paint with acrylics and how I paint with oils.

Nicki said...

Barbara, wouldn't that be nice to have a sell-out show! Some sold- I left happy. Wish you could have dropped by too.

Hugs, Nicki