Monday, January 6, 2014

Moody On Flat Rock Beach, Georgian Bay

Moody on Flat Rock Beach, Georgian Bay
30 x 30"
acrylic on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2013
sold

Voila! The last of the Georgian Bay series (until I paint more). This also happens to be the one I painted on the last day of the holiday. It was a bit daunting at the start and again at the halfway point, what with all of those flat rocks and all, but it came together. Clearly I took some artistic license and popped in some extra jolts of colour... in reality the scene was extremely gray. One of my favorite parts is the aqua blue colour on the water at the horizon line. 

So there you have it... I hope you enjoyed the unveiling of the Georgian Bay series. It took awhile, but we got to the end. Thanks for following me on my journey and leaving encouraging comments along the way both here and on my Facebook page (www.facebook.com/Nicki.Ault.Studio). I think now have only one other painting from 2013 to show you and then it is onto a new year with new projects. Here's hoping the creative juices keep flowing.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Nicki,

I've so loved this series. I can feel the feel of those flat rocks. Strangely enough there's a beach in Cape Breton like that. It must have something to do with ice thousands of years ago.

Gorgeous painting.

XOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

Thanks Barbara. Yes, I do think it has to do with ice and glaciers... everything seemed so pressed and flattened! There were loads of fossils in the rocks and the water went on forever! It was like the ocean.

Miss you! Love your cheerful paintings!

XO Nicki