Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Group Show - Out The Blue

I am very excited and honoured to have been invited as a guest artist in a show called "Out the Blue" at Prairie Star Gallery, a new gallery in town. It is an exhibition of work showcasing what can happen when inspiration strikes. I am really looking forward to seeing the art-work; I think there are about eighteen participating artists and I am sure it will be an intriguing show.

I am submitting two pieces that were inspired by smaller studies I did for one of my 30 paintings in 30 days projects. I liked the small originals so much that I kept them for myself and I decided to take the subjects and expand them to a larger format. They are different than the originals but the inspiration is there and I was definitely in "the zone" when I painted them.

Breaking Free
16 x 16"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2012
sold

Incredible Lightness
16 x 16"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2012
sold

The exhibition will be on show from January 19 - February 26, so if you find yourself driving down 8th Street during gallery hours, please stop in and have a look. Better yet, come to the opening next Sunday evening as I hope to be there too.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

These are soooo beautiful. I'm sure they will sell minute one.

XOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

Hi Barbara,

I went to the opening last night and the show looked fantastic! There were some stunning pieces and the gallery was attractive and well curated. A fun night... and one of my paintings did sell! Thanks for the vote of confidence!

XO N.