New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

July - October, 2017: A small selection of my work,
courtesy of Darrell Bell Gallery, is available at Boffins restaurant (111 Research Drive, U of S campus).

Sunday, November 19, 2017: Studio on 20th Open Studio Art Show and Sale. The studio where I paint will be open to the public from 11 am - 5 pm on this one afternoon only. Current work by our eleven artists will be exhibited and available to purchase. Please come and bring a friend! We are located at 236A 20th Street West (door to the left of the Odd Couple restaurant); not wheelchair accessible.

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Group Show - Out The Blue

I am very excited and honoured to have been invited as a guest artist in a show called "Out the Blue" at Prairie Star Gallery, a new gallery in town. It is an exhibition of work showcasing what can happen when inspiration strikes. I am really looking forward to seeing the art-work; I think there are about eighteen participating artists and I am sure it will be an intriguing show.

I am submitting two pieces that were inspired by smaller studies I did for one of my 30 paintings in 30 days projects. I liked the small originals so much that I kept them for myself and I decided to take the subjects and expand them to a larger format. They are different than the originals but the inspiration is there and I was definitely in "the zone" when I painted them.

Breaking Free
16 x 16"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2012
sold

Incredible Lightness
16 x 16"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2012
sold

The exhibition will be on show from January 19 - February 26, so if you find yourself driving down 8th Street during gallery hours, please stop in and have a look. Better yet, come to the opening next Sunday evening as I hope to be there too.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

These are soooo beautiful. I'm sure they will sell minute one.

XOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

Hi Barbara,

I went to the opening last night and the show looked fantastic! There were some stunning pieces and the gallery was attractive and well curated. A fun night... and one of my paintings did sell! Thanks for the vote of confidence!

XO N.