Saturday, August 10, 2013

Driving By Canola

Driving By Canola
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2013
sold


As I drove my kids to Waskesiu when school was out, all I wanted to do was stop at every glowing canola field to take pictures, but that might have resulted in a mutiny so drive I did. The yellow fields were especially glorious this year and the intensity of the colour had me quite captivated... at least in a quick glance-as-I'm-driving kind of way. I tried to burn the images of the fields into my mind as I was speeding by. It was very blurry- the sky stayed still but the closer foreground was whizzing along. The tops of the distant trees were peaking out from the rolling hills and the sky had a turquoise colour to it. The soft white clouds had long tails on them. All of these observations turned into this painting which I did once I got settled at the lake.

No comments: