New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

July - October, 2017: A small selection of my work,
courtesy of Darrell Bell Gallery, is available at Boffins restaurant (111 Research Drive, U of S campus).

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Friday, June 14, 2013

Heartland

Heartland
8 x 8"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2013
available exclusively at Lifestyles by Darrell Bell Gallery
sold

Here is the second of the two paintings I delivered to Lifestyles yesterday. I worked from the same photo reference I used for Mi Amor, but did not really remember how I painted it. Turns out Heartland is quite similar. I love it so much I may have to try it on a grand scale! However, I do believe it is time to go on a photo-shoot to get some new inspiration.

4 comments:

suzanneberry said...

Very dramatic and beautifully done!

Barbara Muir said...

Just gorgeous Nicki,

You are amazing.

XO Barbara

Nicki said...

Thanks Suzanne. It's so good to hear from you! I popped by your blog today... love the vintage red rotary phone painting!

Nicki said...

And you are very sweet, Barbara.