Tuesday, October 30, 2012

All Things Reconsidered

All Things Reconsidered
22 x 28"
acrylic on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2012

There is a landscape painting under this one called "All Things Considered" and I decided I really hated it... a lot. I was going to destroy the canvas, but then I reconsidered and decided to cover it with black gesso. I figured I may as well play around with another abstract reflection since I liked the results of the first one I painted over black gesso ("River Dance"). I'm happy with this one- it is way better than the shlock that is now hidden underneath. Ha!

I can't believe that tomorrow is already Halloween. Where has the year gone? It has been so busy and there is still so much coming up. It's all good, though, and I can hardly wait to share more with you, but for now I must focus on things of immediate importance, like hollowing out a pumpkin for my son to take to school in the morning (yes, he should have helped, but the day got away on us). I also want to decorate the house so when the boys wake up it looks festive.... in a spooky way. I'm excited to put out the sparkly, black skulls I got today. Hmmm, okay, maybe my decorations aren't spooky... the glitter probably takes the edge off the creepiness.Oh well...

Happy Halloween!

No comments: