New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

November 15 - December 31, 2017: Holiday Salon - Small Works Show at Darrell Bell Gallery (street level ), running through the holidays, Darrell and his team have installed a grid of twenty of my 8x8's as well as a small wall of larger pieces at the front of the gallery. Lots of great gift ideas to be found by the many gallery artists on display.

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

All Things Reconsidered

All Things Reconsidered
22 x 28"
acrylic on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2012

There is a landscape painting under this one called "All Things Considered" and I decided I really hated it... a lot. I was going to destroy the canvas, but then I reconsidered and decided to cover it with black gesso. I figured I may as well play around with another abstract reflection since I liked the results of the first one I painted over black gesso ("River Dance"). I'm happy with this one- it is way better than the shlock that is now hidden underneath. Ha!

I can't believe that tomorrow is already Halloween. Where has the year gone? It has been so busy and there is still so much coming up. It's all good, though, and I can hardly wait to share more with you, but for now I must focus on things of immediate importance, like hollowing out a pumpkin for my son to take to school in the morning (yes, he should have helped, but the day got away on us). I also want to decorate the house so when the boys wake up it looks festive.... in a spooky way. I'm excited to put out the sparkly, black skulls I got today. Hmmm, okay, maybe my decorations aren't spooky... the glitter probably takes the edge off the creepiness.Oh well...

Happy Halloween!

No comments: