New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

November 15 - December 31, 2017: Holiday Salon - Small Works Show at Darrell Bell Gallery (street level ), running through the holidays, Darrell and his team have installed a grid of twenty of my 8x8's as well as a small wall of larger pieces at the front of the gallery. Lots of great gift ideas to be found by the many gallery artists on display.

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Jackson Bench Sunset

The Jackson Bench Sunset
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2012
sold

A plein air study from my weekend getaway to Waskesiu in September. It was a beautiful golden sunset that evening; the warmth of the colours didn't give an accurate indication of the temperature. A cold wind was coming off the lake so by the end of my session I was shivering and my fingers were stiff. I usually don't realize how uncomfortable I am until I start packing up- out of the painting zone and back to reality.

There are many benches placed all around the Waskeisu town-site and surrounding area which have been "purchased" by donation to the park and most have small plaques on them where dedications can be inscribed. The bench where I sat to do this painting is dedicated to members of the Jackson family who happen to have a cabin on the same street as my parents' cabin.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Love this. It's true Tom would be proud. You are amazing.

XO Barbara

Nicki said...

Nice. Thank you even-more-amazing Barbara!

XO N.