New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

November 15 - December 31, 2017: Holiday Salon - Small Works Show at Darrell Bell Gallery (street level ), running through the holidays, Darrell and his team have installed a grid of twenty of my 8x8's as well as a small wall of larger pieces at the front of the gallery. Lots of great gift ideas to be found by the many gallery artists on display.

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Getting ready for Gardenscape...

 choosing the paintings to put in the show

 spray painting shadow boxes

 
shuffling the studio around 
so I can lay out a template for the wall


Usually I can procrastinate with the best of them, but this time I thought I was organized, I thought I was ahead of schedule, I thought I had a plan. Operative word: thought! I have to set up my "wall" at Gardenscape on Thursday evening and I am not ready! I know I will be but right now it feels like there is too much to do... and I am still feelin' sketchy (achy all over, head-achy too).

On a positive note three paintings sold within the last several days, so that oughta cover a painting I bought for my own collection last week!

4 comments:

Kim Rempel said...

Congrats on the sales! And Nicki - you poor thing. It's hard to get all pumped up and motivated when you're feeling crummy. O.J, camomile tea and sleep? ; ) Good luck with the show. They look great!

Nicki said...

Hi Kim,

For the last several days I will feel okay and get some stuff done, then I will have a day where I feel totally draggy and everything aches. Then the next day, is a bit better, then I wake up in the night with a headache, and so it goes. Crazy. A funny bug. I actually hauled myself to an exercise class tonight even though I wasn't feeling good. I'm glad I did because it perked me up.

I am just so curious about this art show... I am getting excited. There are supposed to be about 27000 people through the doors over the weekend.

Monika Kinner-Whalen / My Sweet Prairie said...

That's what I did on my kitchen floor - we have 12x12 tiles. : ) I hope you feel better. That was me lastweekend - popped coldFX for the first time. Feel better! Can't wait get out there. (did you see the mega rotten forecast for when we take the show down!?)

Nicki said...

I am feeling better. Seems to have passed... I love Cold FX.

I did not see the forecast... Let's cross our fingers that we have nothing to take down! Ha! ;)