Tuesday, December 22, 2009

So Much Gratitude

I just had to make a quick post about how grateful I am to everyone who came to my show at St. Thomas More Gallery and who has taken the time to look at my blog. I am so pumped about the response and it feels good to be excited again after such a dark month and a half (see this post to find out why). The show came down on Friday, November 18 and yesterday I got a call from two young ladies about a painting they saw in the show (Storm Clouds Lifting) and wanted to purchase for their father for Christmas. What a lucky man... could there be any better gift than original art? Anyway, as it turned out, one of them really loved a painting (Fury) she saw on my blog and decided to purchase it for her home. So that makes the total paintings sold... 19! I am full of gratitude and I am finally feeling like I can't wait to get painting again. It feels so good to have the desire back and to know people are responding to my work. It is so very encouraging! Thank you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations Nicki and wishing you all the best in the coming New Yeear in your new studio. r

Chuck Dilmore said...

that is beautiful news, Nicki...
and so well deserved!

best Holiday wishes to you and yours!
peace&love,
Chuck

Nicki said...

Thank you Rahina, and may 2010 be the best year you have had yet! Warm wishes to you and your family.

Nicki


Thanks Chuck, so much. Enjoy this magical season with those you love and may you make wonderful new memories with them.

Nicki.