New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

November 15 - December 31, 2017: Holiday Salon - Small Works Show at Darrell Bell Gallery (street level ), running through the holidays, Darrell and his team have installed a grid of twenty of my 8x8's as well as a small wall of larger pieces at the front of the gallery. Lots of great gift ideas to be found by the many gallery artists on display.

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Big Day

Today is my birthday... my 41st birthday, in fact. I have been thinking of starting a blog for about a year now... and today just seemed like the right day to start. I sort of feel like today I'm biting the bullet and just jumping in... "going for it" so to speak. But really, since I have been toying with the blogging idea for a year it is hard to label this move as spontaneous! I guess it's my version of spontaneity. Last year when I turned forty I had high hopes that simply by virtue of this milestone a lot of things would fall into place. That is not really the way it went. It was actually a difficult year.

Bottom line is... I want to start a blog. I want to journal some of my thoughts. I want to record memories of my kids. But most of all I want to figure out who I am. Maybe next year when I turn 42 I will be a bit closer to having that figured out.

So I gave myself a blog for my birthday! How cool is that? Oooooo, what will I do next? Join Facebook? :)

2 comments:

Pronto said...

Happy birthday ... plus a day...

Nicki said...

Hi Pronto, thanks for your well wishes... and for being my first reader!