Saturday, December 14, 2019

Light of Lights

Light of Lights
20 x 20
oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2019

I just realized how long it has been since I wrote a blog post. 

Open Studio was a huge success! It was such a busy day, but I wasn't feeling well so it took the fun out of it for me. The bug I felt coming on that day actually didn't fully develop. I thought I dodged it until the evening of Black Friday six days later. Wham! It took me down hard and then I didn't leave my bed or couch for about nine days straight. If anyone needs any advice on small claims court issues, I can probably help since, for some reason when I was conscious, I got hooked on the People's Court. Ha!

I finally got to the studio the other day and got back to work on two commissions that must get done ASAP. I also worked on some new 8x8's for Darrell Bell Gallery (which have now been delivered) and as they were drying I worked on this new beauty.

I have been thinking a lot about life's difficulties: illnesses, relationship troubles, job losses, strained economies, political turmoil, etc. It can be overwhelming. I worry for my kids and what awaits them in our suffering world. The best I can do is try to be kind and compassionate and try to paint images that I feel are beautiful, hopeful and bring light.

That is what this painting is about. I would love your thoughts. Do you see the hope in it?

“Learn to light a candle in the darkest moments of someone’s life. 
Be the light that helps others see; it is what gives life its deepest significance.” 

Roy T. Bennett,
The Light in the Heart


1 comment:

Unknown said...

A new horizon,a new day. Those were my first thoughts when I saw the painting. One day can be a complete disaster but new day, new possibilities. At one point in my life I was having difficulties and realized that I needed to change something, eventually settling on; find the beauty in each day. Some days it is a real stretch but it becomes the challenge. It has been the raindrop on my glasses or rainbows.
Thank you for the beautiful works.