Saturday, March 31, 2018

The Day's Retreat - New Work at Assiniboia Gallery

The Day's Retreat
10 x 10"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2018
available at Assiniboia Gallery

On Monday, Bridget and I drove to Prince Albert to retrieve all of the artwork that our studio group submitted to the Mann Art Gallery 42nd Annual Winter Festival Juried Art Show and Sale. On Wednesday, I then drove to Regina to deliver my two pieces from that show (including "Rustle" which won the Hues Art Supply Award), along with three others, to the Assiniboia Gallery.

Above is one of the new 10 x 10's I took to Regina; I will show the other in an upcoming post.

Rustle
40 x 30"
acrylic and oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2017
available at Assiniboia Gallery


Last Phase: Saskatchewan Afternoon
20 x 20"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2018
available at Assiniboia Gallery


Faux Island At Paignton, Waskesiu
12 x 36"
oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2017
 available at Assiniboia Gallery




When I arrived at the gallery I was greeted by my own painting, "Festivities", right at the entrance!


 photo © Nicki Ault, 2018


photo © Nicki Ault, 2018 

A little grid of my 10x10's was displayed in the beautiful glowing front room of the gallery. The large painting you see on the left is actually hanging on a wall suspended from the ceiling a few feet in front of a big picture window and on the other side is another painting on view to the street.

photo © Nicki Ault, 2018

I'm glad I made the time to deliver new work... they were getting low and I am very grateful for that!
Besides all of this travel, our studio group had a big planning meeting on Tuesday and my son had a band concert on Thursday! Whew! It was a busy week!

No comments: