New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

November 15 - December 31, 2017: Holiday Salon - Small Works Show at Darrell Bell Gallery (street level ), running through the holidays, Darrell and his team have installed a grid of twenty of my 8x8's as well as a small wall of larger pieces at the front of the gallery. Lots of great gift ideas to be found by the many gallery artists on display.

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Throwback Thursday

Joy
7 x 7"
acrylic on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2010
sold

This is a commission I received six years ago from my neighbor. Her husband spends many hours carefully planning and tending a beautiful pond in their backyard; it has been his "pride and joy" (although now that he is a grandpa I am sure his grandchildren have taken over that title). She wanted to surprise him for his birthday and asked me to create a painting for him. It was a bit tricky because every view of the pond had either the garage or fence in it, so visually I was having trouble getting inspired to paint it even though the elements of the pond itself were lovely. I decided to suggest to her that I do three small paintings rather than one large one. This way I could focus on what her husband truly loved. And so that is how we proceeded.

Hugh's Pond
7 x7"
acrylic on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2010
sold

Pride
7 x 7"
acrylic on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2010
sold

3 comments:

Marcela Strasdas said...

Nice Nicki! I really like them! I specially like the fluid lines of the one with just fish :)

Nicki said...

Thank you Marcela- I think that is my favourite one too.

Garima said...

great