Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Busy Work and Sneak Peek

photo © Nicki Ault, 2016

My son has been sick for several days so getting to the studio has been low on the list, however yesterday my husband was home, so that freed me up to get out of the house. I got to the studio around 10:00 and before I knew it, music was pumpin', coffee was flowin', resource materials were set up around me and I was on my way! I got going on a 36x36 canvas that I have been dreaming about for two weeks. It felt great to finally put a brush to it. I am always amazed at how unaware of time I am when I get in the "zone". Complete focus and commitment to what is happening from eye to brain to hand - that is my happy place.

Not only did I get a great start on that canvas, but I also prepped some boards, finished an 8x8 and did an overhaul on a 24x36 that was not working. I just might have saved it from the chipper!

photo © Nicki Ault, 2016
sneak peek of what is on my easel
I got a lot done yesterday at work (why do I still feel funny about calling something I love so much "work"). After a day like that I feel optimistic about what the year holds for my art practice.

No comments: