New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

July - October, 2017: A small selection of my work,
courtesy of Darrell Bell Gallery, is available at Boffins restaurant (111 Research Drive, U of S campus).

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Monday, April 13, 2015

A Gentle Day

A Gentle Day
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2015
sold

On Sunday I was going to head north on a road trip to take photos of the landscape, and I also needed to take some photos for a commission I have agreed to do, but it was so dusty and dirty I just wasn't inspired. Also, my ever-so-logical mom said I might regret going all that way to get a picture for the commission when the leaves are not yet on the trees. She is right, the foliage needs to be out- it will be better. Luckily I have time to wait for that, the painting isn't due until later in June.

With the day freed up, I decided to spend it at the studio. I hadn't been there in a week because the kids were home for the Easter break. It was very productive! I did this little painting with simplicity again on my mind. It looks really good with "The Green Field" which I showed you last time. I also got a great start on a 30"x30" canvas that is another attempt at a somewhat abstracted grasslands field. Bridget was there all day, too, and we decided painting is fun.

No comments: