Friday, July 8, 2016

July Rain

July Rain
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2016
sold

I spent some time at the studio yesterday while my kids had some Grandma and Grandpa time. It felt great to be back in that environment, but my energy was low. I guess I am still recovering from being sick. Anyway, the dark skies and rain we have had lately made me want to paint a dramatic canola scene. I found some old reference photos in my folders and went to work. I have another to show you tomorrow. 

The weather for the weekend looks stormy so it may be my chance to get out into the country and take a fresh batch of photos. My friend, who lives a half hour south of the city, has invited me out and offered to give me a tour of the country back roads. The bonus... she knows where to find some flax fields!

No comments: