New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

July - October, 2017: A small selection of my work,
courtesy of Darrell Bell Gallery, is available at Boffins restaurant (111 Research Drive, U of S campus).

Sunday, November 19, 2017: Studio on 20th Open Studio Art Show and Sale. The studio where I paint will be open to the public from 11 am - 5 pm on this one afternoon only. Current work by our eleven artists will be exhibited and available to purchase. Please come and bring a friend! We are located at 236A 20th Street West (door to the left of the Odd Couple restaurant); not wheelchair accessible.

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Seeing The Light

Seeing The Light
~9 x 13"
acrylic on watercolour paper
© Nicki Ault, 2001

Well, my dry spell continues; a visual artist's equivalent of writer's block. I am hoping to break this unfortunate streak this week. I am going to the studio for sure tomorrow and paint is hitting canvas no matter what... unless anyone wants to go for coffee, in which case I could probably be talked into it! But no! NO! I must focus and try to get a feel for my new studio space. I just need to start working and hopefully I will begin to feel like I am a painter again.

In the meantime I have been doing more work at my house; the renos are winding down and it feels great. With furniture finally being delivered and put into place the fun begins... where will I hang my art collection? I have some wonderful pieces- local, Canadian and international- and now it is time to proudly display them in my home. And of course I must hang the pieces of my own art that I have kept for myself. I've said it before and I will say it again, there is nothing like living with original art.

I had to go into the archives for the image you see today. This is my first successful acrylic painting (at least in my mind). I kept it and I still love how the thing looks! It will be hung somewhere in my house, but I might have to update the frame first.

I put this quote on my Facebook page earlier today and it is really helping to inspire me:

 "Make visible what, without you, might perhaps never have been seen."
~Robert Bresson
(http://artquotes.robertgenn.com/)

So on that note, wish me luck for a day of painting... it is going down tomorrow!

4 comments:

Lisa Maisonneuve said...

*hugs*...here's hoping you can get out of the mental cloud blocky thingy that artist's get!
I hate that too...we all do ;)

Barbara Muir said...

Love this painting, and I hope you did paint today. I think you are one of the country's great painters. We need you to keep going.

XOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

Thank you Lisa. I appreciate your support. I think the fog may be lifting. Fingers crossed!

Nicki said...

You are way too generous, but extraordinarily sweet to leave a comment like that! :) Thank you dear Barbara!