Saturday, December 28, 2013

Hillside Sketch, Georgian Bay

Hillside Sketch, Georgian Bay
8 x 10"
oil on canvas board
© Nicki Ault, 2013
sold

This is another of the paintings that saw a few exuberant wipes when I was painting in Georgian Bay this fall. Oddly enough it was the size, all 8 x 10's, that seemed to stump me. I think only one of the four paintings remained in its original state- the others all got wiped multiple times over and one of them simply ended up on the dart board! When I let go of the horror of the first attempt at this landscape, I began playing with intense colour and just had fun. Eventually I ended up here and left it for what it was.

2 comments:

Pierre Raby said...

Awesome colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicki said...

Thanks Pierre- they pack a bit of a whollop don't they? :)