Sunday, September 20, 2009

One Month


Private Collection

Well, one month ago I began my blogging adventure and I am beyond thrilled that I did. I have been trying to figure out why it has made me so happy and I finally came to a conclusion that makes at least a bit of sense. I realized the feeling I am getting from my bloggy interactions is very similar to the feeling I have when I am around other artists and art lovers at the Kenderdine Campus. It seems I have found a way to extend my "happy place feeling" into my everyday life. It might be a virtual type of reality, but the point is that it is actually a reality. At least I think all of you people are real ! I am excited about the months ahead; imagining the people I might meet, the wonderful art I will discover on other blogs, and the new art I might produce and want to share. I already have an idea of the subject I might want to explore next... once my boreal show is hung and I am able to exhale. The painting I am posting is a hint... it's called "The River In May" (pretty large hint actually). Once again it is acrylic on canvas and it is 18x24". I painted it from a photo I took on Mother's Day 2008 while on an adventure walk with the boys in my life! It has found a most wonderful home and now belongs to a couple (close family friends) that have been extremely supportive of my work.



I also have to share my excitement... I found my first advertisement in our local Planet S newspaper in their visual arts listings! Woo hoo! It's officially official! No backing out now. Full steam ahead! I took more paintings to the framer today and I have a couple more ideas I want to tackle and possibly complete in time for the show. The countdown is on! I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow!!! Congratulations on the show! I am so excited for you. Boy I love these colors and the patterns almost remind me of a Pendleton blanket.

Unknown said...

Nicki, I love this painting! But, no surprise, I've loved all of your paintings. But this one...the colors are just beautiful. I love the way you used purple in the shadows and the color of the water is gorgeous. And Nicki, please take the word beginner out of your introduction....because, girl, you are no beginner!

Nicki said...

Thanks Sheila!

Hi Deborah,
Oh, I feel like a beginner...there is sooooooo much I don't know and in the big scheme of things I haven't been painting for very long.... but it raises a good question: At what point are you not a beginner anymore?

Take care,
Nicki

Janie B said...

Oh, Nicki, I think this is my favorite so far. I really love it! You certainly are not a beginner anymore. Talent like yours cannot be denied.

I feel the same way about blogging. Somehow, it is a celebration of life and sharing. I love it.

Nicki said...

Hi Janie,
Thanks so much. I enjoyed doing this one... the entire process just flowed. I had also challenged myself to not use my favorite colour (green gold) in any way, so I ended up with a different colour palette than I might have otherwise.
Nicki

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

You go girl...congratulations...oh yeah you can!!!!!!!

Lovely colour in this piece Nicki!

Jeffrey

Nicki said...

Thanks Jeffrey! I guess I actually have no choice... I have to! :)

Nicki

Diana Marshall said...

Congrats on the show, how exciting, I bet you are the happiest girl in the world! Wish you loads of luck and maybe a sale or two.

Nicki said...

Thanks Diana,
I am very excited... more and more as the date approaches. It will come quickly now. Thanks for stopping by.
Nicki

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Nicki,

Congratulations! You are a star. Yes we're real people out here, and artists who love your work. I'm going a bit crazy getting ready for a show in my house, but I want you to know I'm thinking of you and sending you my good wishes for big sales.

Take care,

Barbara

Nicki said...

Thanks Barbara, you are really a busy lady these days! I'd love to hear more about your show (ie. the logistics of it in your home, how you displayed everything, who you invited, etc.). Maybe when it is over you can write a post on your blog about how you did it.
Take care,
Nicki