New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

November 15 - December 31, 2017: Holiday Salon - Small Works Show at Darrell Bell Gallery (street level ), running through the holidays, Darrell and his team have installed a grid of twenty of my 8x8's as well as a small wall of larger pieces at the front of the gallery. Lots of great gift ideas to be found by the many gallery artists on display.

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Cross Hatch Reflection And One Thousand Posts

Cross Hatch Reflection
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2017
sold

Deep Breath.

Okay. 

This day is a bit of a milestone for me.

Today this painting is marking... drum-roll.... ONE THOUSAND blog posts since I started Nicki Ault: Me, Myself and Who Am I?

That is a crazy number. Crazy!

This does not mean that since August 2009 I have painted one thousand paintings because there have been some posts that are not about new paintings, BUT it does mean I have written a lot and yes, painted a lot. And it means you are still checking in, here and on Facebook and more recently on Instagram. I am eternally grateful. That may sound dramatic, but it is true. I am truly grateful for your interest and support. I love painting. I LOVE it. Really it is all I want to do. Sometimes it is all I feel I have the energy for. I have to say that my motivation is at an all time high and I honestly attribute this to the mind-blowing artists I have found during my brief time on Instagram. I have no idea why I waited so long to join, but better late than never. Rather than being intimidated and feeling inadequate, I have felt inspired, energized and awed by what creative people are doing "out there".

Thank You! 
I am ready to take on the next thousand posts!

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Nicki,

Congratulations! This is wonderful, and I am so proud of you and your
beautiful work. I don't know how to use Instagram, so sometime I may
call you and get a heads up. You are amazing and this is beautiful!

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

Instagram is fun... so many artists to discover and admire. But I have a lot to learn. We should talk soon!

Nicki