Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Cross Hatch Reflection And One Thousand Posts

Cross Hatch Reflection
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2017
sold

Deep Breath.

Okay. 

This day is a bit of a milestone for me.

Today this painting is marking... drum-roll.... ONE THOUSAND blog posts since I started Nicki Ault: Me, Myself and Who Am I?

That is a crazy number. Crazy!

This does not mean that since August 2009 I have painted one thousand paintings because there have been some posts that are not about new paintings, BUT it does mean I have written a lot and yes, painted a lot. And it means you are still checking in, here and on Facebook and more recently on Instagram. I am eternally grateful. That may sound dramatic, but it is true. I am truly grateful for your interest and support. I love painting. I LOVE it. Really it is all I want to do. Sometimes it is all I feel I have the energy for. I have to say that my motivation is at an all time high and I honestly attribute this to the mind-blowing artists I have found during my brief time on Instagram. I have no idea why I waited so long to join, but better late than never. Rather than being intimidated and feeling inadequate, I have felt inspired, energized and awed by what creative people are doing "out there".

Thank You! 
I am ready to take on the next thousand posts!

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Nicki,

Congratulations! This is wonderful, and I am so proud of you and your
beautiful work. I don't know how to use Instagram, so sometime I may
call you and get a heads up. You are amazing and this is beautiful!

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

Instagram is fun... so many artists to discover and admire. But I have a lot to learn. We should talk soon!

Nicki